Thursday, October 23, 2008

Receipt of our I600!!!


  After checking my mail and spam mail every night and morning for the past week, I e-mailed USCIS  this past Tuesday Oct. 21 to find out what happened to our I600 since it was sent from Hanoi to HCMC on October 7.  After waking up every couple of hours last night to check for either a response to my e-mail or notice of receipt, I finally decided to call the VN field office since I certainly wasn't making any progress via e-mail.  What I found out is that they had an incorrect e-mail address and that the acknowledgment of receipt was dated Oct. 10!!!!  So we are on working day 8 of the 60 days I was told it would take to make their determination.  Of course I am hoping it goes much more quickly than that!! 

5 comments:

Heather Field said...

HOLY CANOLLI!!!! That's awesome! You are closer than you thought! Let that countdown begin, and how cool that it's starting at 8!!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh my gosh! How awesome is that! It's incredible to think you could be on the way to Vietnam...so much sooner than you thought!! Woohoo!!

Julie said...

YAAYYY!!! That's GREAT news!!

Kelly said...

Your daughter is so cute and congrats on your receipt!

Aloha Kim and Rocky said...

Congratulations! We wish you speedy approval!