Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Endlessly Waiting, Endlessly Hoping

 In one month my dossier will have been in a file somewhere in Vietnam for a whole year. I started the adoption process in 2006 when Vietnam first reopened US adoptions and now I am still waiting for a referral when Vietnam and US are once again closing the doors on adoption.  I have always felt in my heart that I was meant to make this journey, but the sand is slipping through the hour glass of time as the September 1 deadline for referrals is approaching.  I am trying to stay hopeful, but at this point I don't even know if we have been "matched" with a baby yet.
  On a positive note, my adoption buddies Heather and Julie received referrals, and Jenna & Ed are in Vietnam now with their little baby Ella.  I am so happy for them :)
  
    "Keep a green bough in your heart, and the singing bird will come"-   Chinese proverb
                                                          

5 comments:

Julie said...

Keep on hoping...your little girl is out there!

Heather Field said...

While there is breath, there is hope! I know it is so hard to wait when things seem so grim, but hang in there and keep hoping for the best!

Cheryl said...

Don't give up Susan! Something good is in store for us - believe it!

Jennifer Cheer said...

I hope you get a referral soon. Do not give up hope. You will have a daughter! Keep the faith and good will come! I have you in my prayers.
-Jennifer Cheer (another Plan Family)

julie and joe said...

Susan, I keep checking your blog and hoping for good news. I'm praying for you and can't wait to hear when you get your referral!
Julie La Motta(another PLAN family)