Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Getting to know you...

My big brother Michael really knows how to chill...


Aunt Karen and the Jebster...


Becky is ready to catch my bottle if Ali and I drop it


TJ and Thi...Now remember SRA, flaps up at 160 knots


Auntie Nutia and Tati; wonder if they will bring me yet
another pair of cool shoes...


Yea...I finally got to meet aunt Celeste and Krista


See Hannah, I wore a bow to look pretty just like you!


Had a great morning hanging out with Aunt Erin!!!


Wont Aunt Dee be jealous that aunt Hope is in a picture with 
me before she is (sorry Dee, we had to say it even though
you met me first). 


Hey, my big sister's friend Jess likes to hang with me. Cool.


Wow, thanks for teaching me some cheerleading stunts Sam!


Sheryl sizing me up for a future consulting role at DDI


Jackie is another good friend of my big Sis; she really has
cool friends. 


Hangin' with the Bowser family; Zack is so much fun to
play with. I hope he comes to visit again soon!!!


John and Sheryl doing a panel interview with Sophia Rose; now
where did I put that TS guide ???



 We arrived home just in time on December 13 for a little frenzied holiday shopping before a wonderful holiday week of Sophia meeting lots of friends and family!  It seems hard to believe that we have only been home for two weeks because it feels as if Sophia has always been part of our family!  She has certainly charmed her Daddy and big brother Michael, and we are all loving every moment with her.  Although I am definitely the "chosen one" when it is time for a diaper change :) 

  For the most part, she is sleeping through the night except to wake up for a bottle once or twice. She is crawling and starting to pull herself up to stand so we have been babyproofing the house as she is getting more mobile.  Sophia is very inquisitive about anything and everything- her scientific approach is to grab an object and then immediately insert it into her mouth!  
   The month of December is especially difficult for us since we lost our beautiful Lisa Rose on Dec 15, 2005.  We know that she is with us always and was part of the blessing of our little Sophia coming home to us two days before the anniversary of her passing.  
   
  

2 comments:

Susan said...

It's wonderful to know that things are going well with Sophia's transition to her forever home. You guys have been ultra busy over the holidays, and I'm happy to see Sophia being loved and adored by all who meet her. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? :-)

I know the joy you have in your hearts because of Sophia cannot take away all the sadness of Lisa being gone. I'm sure your sweet angel is diligently watching over you all, especially little Sophia. I'm thinking about you guys!

Heather Field said...

LOVE the santa hat pix, SO CUTE!!! How awesome that little Sophie has so many people that love her so much!