Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Two steps closer....


Well, I guess I'd better stop lounging around and get dressed for
my two appointments today. Gotta get to the Vietnamese government office
to pick up my passport, and then on the the International SOS
clinic for my physical exam. Yuk!



Glad I finally got my passport so I can make the trip across
the big pond. But what if they got my name wrong? I'd better
check it out. My Vietnamese name isn't the easiest to
spell correctly ya know. Plus I gotta make sure they have all those
little accent marks on some of the letters right; one small
mistake and I could be here another week or two.



Ok, let's see....Hoang Thi Phuong, yup...that's right. Looks like
it's good until 2013 also. I think that should be long enough to
get me to New Jersey, right? I think that's outside of Hanoi,
so it could take a little while. But first I have to get to the
International SOS clinic for my final check up.



So I'm here but no one told me I'd have to disclose my
weight, and in such a compromising position yet. I know I've
been chowing down a bit since mommy and daddy got me
from the orphanage, but I hope it doens't show too much.




Hey, watch me impress this doctor with my ability to stand up.
He'll have to approve my travel when he sees how strong I have
gotten. Hey doc, over here. I'm the little one.



Stop tickling me. I know you are just trying to distract me before
you put that cold metal stethescope on my little chest. Couldn't you
at least warm it up a bit? Oh well, whatever it takes I can handle
it.



Well thank heaven that's all over. That took a lot out of me,
so I'll just catch a few z z z z z s before my next bottle.

Let's see, tomorrow is a free day and then I'll be going to the
US Embassy on friday to get my US Visa. I can't wait for that!
I know they will ask mommy and daddy some questions before
they give them the final approval and visa. Sure hope
they get the answers right!

6 comments:

stollmyheart said...

She's such a peanut and her pics on the scale crack me up! Sounds like things are going well!

Oh, and don't sweat the visa appt. They ask "to your knowledge is everything on this document accurate?"...you say "yes"...they say "thank you, come back after 4:30 to pick it up" :) That easy!

Cheryl said...

Oh how cute! I love the little conversation from Sophia! She is SO adorable!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how much weight she has put on!!! Look at those thighs! ~Tracy

Susan said...

I just want to eat her up! She really is such a little doll.

I second the "don't sweat the visa appt" comment. It really is amazingly short and sweet. Even with me signing a couple of forms, I was at the window (not even a desk) for a total of two minutes. It's a walk in the park!

Gina and Tony said...

susan and loren-we have been following your adventures, and appreciating the joy that is conveyed in so many of the photos(felt here too :) Sophia Rose is just precious! Looking forward to seeing all of you. Safe travels....sending love.

Jennifer Cheer said...

What a beautiful baby! Congratulations! I just love her cheeks:)The Visa appointment is a breeze. Hope you are having a great time in Hanoi!